Happy Days!

Happy Days!
Happy Days!

Thursday, August 28, 2008

She's on the move!

It's official - she's started crawling. Kennedy has been working on her crawl for a couple of weeks now, frustrated to no end that she cannot go any faster. I'll have to re-baby proof the place now; there'll be no stopping her! She is so determined to keep up with her big sister. Tonight as I was picking up in the girls' room, Kennedy decided that hanging out with me just wasn't as fun as it must be in the bathroom where her sister was taking a bath. So, she navigated around all my little blockades (well, small piles of stuff) around the corner and into the bathroom where we could all hear her squeals of delight at having found Cadence. It was great. She really loved it when I stood her up on the side of the tub so she could see Cadence. I figured that was really her ultimate goal, although she could only get coordinated enough to bonk her head and slap her hand on the side of the tub by herself, so I have her a little boost. Then we let out some of the water and Kennedy got in the bath too. It was much fun for all, and even Mom got a little bit of a bath (Cadence insisted she was only trying to splash herself as a tidal wave swept over the side of the tub, down the front of Kennedy and onto my face, arms and knees, drenching any article of clothing touching those parts.)

Here's sleeping beauty, all dressed up in her Snow White princess costume. Every time we go over to her friend Lily's house, Cadence bee-lines straight for this costume and doesn't take it off until it's time to go.



Below is my first attempt at posting video - if anyone has trouble with it, please let me know so I can work on the problem. It runs about a minute and a half, and I don't know if a shorter clip would be better.

Jeremy was trying to catch a little footage of Kennedy actually crawling, but he mostly got her hamming it up for the camera and rolling around instead of doing what he wanted her to do. So far that's been the theme. We run break out the camera as soon as she gets going, then she sits back and looks at us like we're just the silliest things for making such a big deal out of her. She really truly is crawling - up on all fours, one hand, then a knee, then the other hand and other knee, creating forward motion. She looks a bit like a chameleon, but we have so far been unable to catch her when she's in the mood, I guess. Anyway, enjoy what Jeremy did get. She starts out pretty good, then, of course, I have to walk by and she decides to throw a little fit. We were at a friend's house for dinner when this was shot (Wednesday, Aug. 27).

1 comment:

Becky said...

It is great when they crawl because they are so much happier - - but the true baby proofing has to happen! This is when sibling rivalry and bonding started to happen between Marcus and Cynthia! She could finally get to his toys- -