Tonight as I was getting the girls ready for bed, Cadence was 'quietly' goofing around in the livingroom while Kennedy was getting in her last drink before dawn. Things were going good; Cadence wasn't making too much noise, and Kennedy had already checked out for the evening. Just after I had switched Kennedy to the reserve tank, to make sure she would have a good, full tummy, Cadence clamped a tea strainer on her nose and started snorting and giggling about it. I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't witnesed it myself, but Kennedy joined in the simple joy of her sister's silliness, and laughed right along. She didn't once open her eyes or turn towards Cadence in any idication that she might be awake during the experience, she just laughed right along, giggling with some secret knowledge that she was sharing a special moment with her big sister, whom she loves dearly. Of course, then that set Cadence off and then Kennedy laughed even harder. I was afraid I was going to have two hysterical, wide awake girls on my hands any moment, but Kennedy never really truly woke up. It was awesome! I'm so blessed to have been apart of it.
It amazes me, sometimes, how deep the love is between these two little girls, who have only known each other a short time. Kennedy is very in tune with whatever her sister is doing, and Cadence keeps a watchful eye on little sister if anyone besides Mom goes near her. They enjoy each other's company and make each other laugh daily. Each moment is so special, and I know I'm starting to get sappy, but it's really beautiful to watch and I love when one gets the other giggling, which sets the first one off again, and they just go back and forth, sitting on the floor, laughing together. I have such great girls! I can't wait to get some video of them on for you all to share too. ")
Friday, August 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment