Happy Days!

Happy Days!
Happy Days!

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Happy 4th Birthday Cadence!!

Cadence turned 4 this year! I can't believe it. We had our first 'real' birthday party with friends and everything. (Up until now we've just had family parties to celebrate, so this was a pretty big deal, inviting friends). We had a fairy princess tea party theme and all of the girls who came dressed up in their finest princess attire. Although the pinata wasn't a huge success, getting the stuff that fell out of it was, and the tea party that followed was lots of fun. We got out all of our tea party things and the girls got to serve themselves 'tea' (it was punch) and had sandwiches and fruit. Jeremy put together an awesome BBQ for the adults, and it was certainly a day for much rejoicing.

"The Cake"
It didn't quite turn out as I had originally envisioned it, but Cadence liked it and it tasted good. Yes, I ran the rolling pin into the front of it as I was moving it from the decorating station to the presentation table, so there's a major flaw right in the front, but Cadence didn't notice, so I didn't say anything.

Singing Happy Birthday
(notice Kennedy wants to make sure she doesn't miss out on cake...)

Opening presents...

More presents...

the end of the presents...

Kennedy wanted her picture taken too

It was a very fun day, and now that I know that I can survive a party of 8 little girls under the age of 5, we might try it again sometime! Although, Cadence was a little disappointed because she got a Cootie game and we already have one (Kennedy got it for Christmas), but we talked about how now we have enough Cootie parts for LOTS of friends to play at the same time, so that made it better. Being grateful, no matter what it is you get, is a difficult concept to master. :)

Happy Birthday Cadence!!! LOVE YOU!!!

No comments: