Happy Days!

Happy Days!
Happy Days!

Friday, December 18, 2009

Snow Day!

Since the snows have come to the mountains we have been sledding twice. The first time we were able to hit up a sledding spot we've been going to for a couple of years now, but the snow was heavy and wet and it was raining, so we didn't stay out too long. Also, there is a lot of work being done on a nearby bridge, and because our sledding spot has a large open area, a lot of the large machinery being used for the bridge construction is being parked there. Our second trip out there wasn't any snow at our sledding spot, but they had parked the largest machine right at the bottom of the sled path, so that spot may be out this year. Fortunately, we found a small spot for sledding on White Pass. It's not really sanctioned by White Pass Ski area, but they do groom it and tolerate a few brave souls. The girls absolutely LOVE sledding, Kennedy even more than Cadence, and I'm sure we'll be out on the mountain again in no time. We got a really good dump of snow earlier this week and spent some time every day out playing in it. It was perfect sledding snow, so I hauled the girls around the yard while the dogs chased us (okay, so, just Samson was actually chasing us, and at one point tried to get in the sled too, but Ange was amused watching me pull the girls, not so amused with Samson). As the week has progressed the temperature has gone up and today we have mostly heavy wet slush in the backyard, but I'm sure we'll have more opportunity for snow days in the near future. For now, though, these are the pictures I took just after we finished sledding at White Pass. The girls are such hams. :)

I love to eat snow!


Just put your face down in a pile of snow like this...


Mmmmmm!! So good!

Ya, I think my sister is crazy...

CHEEEEEEESE!

Close-up CHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESE!

Night-night, sleep tight...

HAHAHAHA!!! Just kidding!!! Gotcha!

Mmmmwuh!

Once there was a snowman...

See?!

Ahem...

"Cheeeese!" "Hey Dad - are you smiling?" "Heh, heh...are you gonna take the picture already?"

"Okay, seriously" "Sheeeeze!" "Hee Hee! We're having Fun!"

Kisses!

Mmmmmmmmwah!

Last shot - AAAAAAAND...we're done!

No comments: